Current Job Openings
Please download The Arc Online Employment Application and email along with resume, if specified, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save your completed application to your desktop and ‘save as’ “Job Application – (your name)”.
• If using Internet Explorer or Firefox: You must download the application.
• If you are using Chrome as your browser, you must first disable the Chrome PDF plug-in. Please follow these steps prior to completing your application.
Full Time DSP
We are looking for a full-time DSP that would be responsible for providing Supported Community Living and Habilitation services to consumers throughout The Arc’s service area. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a fast-paced service-oriented team in the disability field. Candidates must have reliable transportation and be able to work a variable schedule.
Duties include, but are not limited to: providing direct supervision and care, maintaining communication and documentation with consumers and their service team, providing skilled training to consumers in numerous areas, including socialization, self-help, communication, self-care, self-advocacy, leisure and other areas defined in the consumers training plan.
The minimum requirements for this position include high school diploma and one year experience working with persons with disabilities. Advanced degree in human services or other relevant field of study preferred. Candidates should possess effective problem solving skills, leadership and strong written/verbal communication skills. This is a benefits eligible position including PTO and benefit allowance. Resume Required
Direct Service Professional positions
Do you have the experience or do you have a desire to work with people with intellectual or related disabilities?
Want to work flexible hours providing a variety of services to individuals with intellectual and related disabilities.
Several work settings are available:
- Respite DSP (pdf)
- Provide part-time care for individuals with intellectual and related disabilities while parents take time off from primary caregiver duties. The Arc has heavy demand for hours between 3pm -8-pm weekdays and anytime on weekends.
- Supported Community Living DSP (pdf)
- Assist individuals to become more independent in their homes and community. Consistent weekly time availability is needed after work or after school and weekend providing assistance in accomplishing individual goals.
- Day Programs DSP (pdf)
- After school and early-out time availability is preferred. Assist with activities providing learning experiences for children and/or adults.
- Group Care DSP (pdf)
- Weekday and weekend care for small groups participating in field trips, games and other activities.
The Arc of East Central Iowa is an EOE.