Current Job Openings
Please download The Arc Online Employment Application and email along with resume, if specified, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save your completed application to your desktop and ‘save as’ “Job Application – (your name)”.
• If using Internet Explorer or Firefox: You must download the application.
• If you are using Chrome as your browser, you must first disable the Chrome PDF plug-in. Please follow these steps prior to completing your application.
Service & Support Specialist
We are looking for a Service & Support Specialist to assist with quality assurance and service delivery. The qualified individual will be responsible for reviewing service documentation to ensure the necessary levels of compliance are achieved. The successful candidate will also confirm that the time billed is supported by the service documentation. Interface with the Finance department as needed to ensure timely and accurate billing. Additionally, this position is responsible for coordinating service delivery with caregivers and consumers to match qualified staff to service requests from families.
Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Special Education, Psychology or other relevant field preferred. At least 1 year of experience working for an organization serving individuals with disabilities and experience working in an office setting. MS Office, Windows and internet proficiency required. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills (written and oral) are a must as well as the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position including PTO and a benefit allowance. Resume Required
Community Integration Program Specialist
Site Based Lead DSP
We are seeking a Lead DSP for our Site-based program. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to play a key role in fulfilling our mission of making a difference in the lives of those with intellectual and related disabilities, and their families. The qualified candidate must be able to work independently, and in group settings, and make responsible decisions concerning the welfare of individuals with disabilities.
Desired candidate should have some experience working with individuals with disabilities. Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance. Must have effective communication, ability to use positive reinforcements, and ability to respond to health and emergency situations. Must demonstrate ability to delegate duties, ability to multitask, and ability to engage consumers in activities of interest.
The hours for this position are 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM throughout the school year. Hours will increase during Summer.
Direct Service Professional positions
Do you have the experience or do you have a desire to work with people with intellectual or related disabilities?
Want to work flexible hours providing a variety of services to individuals with intellectual and related disabilities.
Several work settings are available:
- Respite DSP (pdf)
- Provide part-time care for individuals with intellectual and related disabilities while parents take time off from primary caregiver duties. The Arc has heavy demand for hours between 3pm -8-pm weekdays and anytime on weekends.
- Supported Community Living DSP (pdf)
- Assist individuals to become more independent in their homes and community. Consistent weekly time availability is needed after work or after school and weekend providing assistance in accomplishing individual goals.
- Day Programs DSP (pdf)
- After school and early-out time availability is preferred. Assist with activities providing learning experiences for children and/or adults.
- Group Care DSP (pdf)
- Weekday and weekend care for small groups participating in field trips, games and other activities.
The Arc of East Central Iowa is an EOE.