Current Job Openings
Please download The Arc Online Employment Application and email along with resume, if specified, to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please save your completed application to your desktop and ‘save as’ “Job Application – (your name)”.
• If using Internet Explorer or Firefox: You must download the application.
• If you are using Chrome as your browser, you must first disable the Chrome PDF plug-in. Please follow these steps prior to completing your application.
Site Based Lead DSP
We are seeking a Lead DSP for our Site-based program. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to play a key role in fulfilling our mission of making a difference in the lives of those with intellectual and related disabilities, and their families. The qualified candidate must be able to work independently, and in group settings, and make responsible decisions concerning the welfare of individuals with disabilities.
Desired candidate should have some experience working with individuals with disabilities. Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance. Must have effective communication, ability to use positive reinforcements, and ability to respond to health and emergency situations. Must demonstrate ability to delegate duties, ability to multitask, and ability to engage consumers in activities of interest.
The hours for this position are 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM throughout the school year. Hours will increase during Summer.
Direct Service Professional positions
Do you have the experience or do you have a desire to work with people with intellectual or related disabilities?
Want to work flexible hours providing a variety of services to individuals with intellectual and related disabilities.
Several work settings are available:
- Respite DSP (pdf)
- Provide part-time care for individuals with intellectual and related disabilities while parents take time off from primary caregiver duties. The Arc has heavy demand for hours between 3pm -8-pm weekdays and anytime on weekends.
- Supported Community Living DSP (pdf)
- Assist individuals to become more independent in their homes and community. Consistent weekly time availability is needed after work or after school and weekend providing assistance in accomplishing individual goals.
- Day Programs DSP (pdf)
- After school and early-out time availability is preferred. Assist with activities providing learning experiences for children and/or adults.
- Group Care DSP (pdf)
- Weekday and weekend care for small groups participating in field trips, games and other activities.
The Arc of East Central Iowa is an EOE.